Stråsjöleden pilgrim trail, one of the Saint Olav roads, from sea to sea, across the wild Scandinavian peninsula! The hike starts at the Swedish coast and then continues through villages and deep forests, following the beautiful lakes and flowing rivers and up to the high mountains - the Swedish "fjäll" - where the trail connects to the longer trail; Helgonleden - The Trail of Saints - from Uppsala towards Trondheim.
Distance 271.4 km
The pilgrim trail Stråsjöleden is most of the time very easy to walk, since it runs on old trails or minor roads. Here you will experience both the scenery of the coast along northern Sweden, Jungfrukusten - The Virgin Coast - and the large, red-painted traditional farmhouses of Hälsingland, the deep forests with its fragrance of pine and spruce and the lakes that mirror the colours from the blue mountains. You will meet the province of Hälsingland; a diverse and beautiful province. Also, you will come across a part of the province of Medelpad, by the streaming water in Haverö - Haverö Strömmar - and the lake system surrounding it. In the province of Jämtland, you will reach the high mountains – the Swedish "fjäll" – before you eventually continue on Helgonleden – the Saints Trail – following the ancient paths of the Kårböle Trail. You are hereby invited to a memorable walk along Stråsjöleden!
This pilgrim trail, Stråsjöleden, is a part of the European Cultural Trails, "Saint Olav Roads", certified for the mark of Saint Olav by the Swedish National Association Pilgrim i Sverige.
33V 616222 6811854
Basic Equipment for Pilgrim Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Religious objects and material as required
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pilgrim ID card
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
- 16 Stages
Pilgrim Trail · HälsinglandStråsjöleden pilgrim trail, Njutånger medieval church to the Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Sörforsa
Distance 21.3 km
Duration 5:28 h
Ascent 140 m
Descent 133 m
Pilgrim Trail · HälsinglandStråsjöleden pilgrim trail, Stråsjöleden, the Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Sörforsa to Nirsgård
Distance 11.2 km
Duration 2:51 h
Ascent 49 m
Descent 11 m
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view