The starting point of the stage is the old church of Enånger. It is well worth a visit, and you can borrow the key during the day at the parsonage. Don't forget to bring it back!
The hike runs through villages and forest areas, and there are no major level differences. Before arriving to the church of Njutånger, there is an area called Snäckmor, where it is said that the Vikings from Norway kept their ships. Snäcka (shell) is an old word for a kind of Viking boat. Nowadays, there is a marina and a swimming area next to it.
Bring a water bottle and a lunch pack, there will be no food until possibly when you reach Brogården Hostel in Njutånger - important: you will have to ask them to purchase breakfast and provisions, if needed.
Where the trail follows the old E4, you should be careful, since the road is still busy, though not so heavily nowadays.
Getting thereIf you wish, you can start by the church of Enånger/Borka. At the crossing Militärvägen/Enångersvägen you go right towards the old church of Enånger about 350 meters from the intersection.
ParkingA few cars can be parked at the lodgings, or else, the lodgings can suggest a parking space for you.
EquipmentEquipment for the stage depends on season and weather, but this hike usually only requires a water bottle, a lunch pack and a pair of light hiking shoes.
Basic Equipment for Pilgrim Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Religious objects and material as required
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pilgrim ID card
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.