The hike continues west past the great Dellen lakes, past the church of Bjuråker, Bjuråker's Forngård, and later on small roads through the forests. You will then pass the site Korstallen and the spring next to it - a place that has been important for wayfarers for a long time. Welcome to reflect upon this place, where the footprints of past wanderers meet the footsteps from the present!
The trail initially follows the paved road and small roads and is easy to walk. Later it turns into small forest and gravel roads. The last part of it runs through the forest.
During the stage, leaving Bjuråker behind, there is food and accommodation at Femettans Bed & Breakfast och Skyttebiograf, beautifully situated by Norrdellen. After this, there is neither food nor accommodation to be found on this stage, and if you follow the trail, next stage also won’t offer any restaurants or shops for food supply.
Either bring a tent or contact Pilgrimstid well in advance. In Mockastorp you can access simple accommodation, either a cabin or a tent, Pilgrimstid will attend to the booking of these, and also arrange with food for group hikers.
EquipmentDepending on season and weather, but this stage requires that you bring water, lunch, a proper pair of hiking boots, and a tent, if you have made no lodging reservations.
Basic Equipment for Pilgrim Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Religious objects and material as required
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pilgrim ID card
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.