On the map, the trail turns to the west just before the Church of Hamrånge. At the sight you will find a couple of signs about Helgonleden and Bergby/Hamrånge.
Provide with water and food in Bergby for your continued hike!
You can make a shorter stage and stay over in Viksjö, or you can go all the way to Småströmmarna.
Don't forget to book your lodging at Småströmmarnas Pilgrimshärbärge, go to the stage Helgonleden, Viksjö-Småströmmarna for more information!
EquipmentA pair of good shoes is usually sufficient for this stage. Don't forget your water bottle and provisions!
Basic Equipment for Pilgrim Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Religious objects and material as required
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pilgrim ID card
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.