Arriving at Brunnsgatan in Gävle, you will soon enter Old Gävle, and then you can follow the trail near the beach by the river of Gävle (Gavleån) to the Holy Trinity Church.
Old Gävle is an idyllic area with cobbled streets and old houses. There is also the Old Gefle Hostel. If you continue on the trail along the footpaths on Gavleån's south side and via a small footbridge across the river, you arrive at the Holy Trinity Church.
Rest StopMårtsbo, the old schoolhouse, Mårtsbo, Gävle
The House of Music - Musikhuset - in Sjömanskyrkan, Gävle
Gefle Vandrarhem - Hostel, Gävle
Gävle, the Holy Trinity Church
City Restaurang & Pizzeria
Hemlingby Outdoor Area
Safety informationUse the footpaths and the pedestrian crossings along the busy streets!
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentLight hiking boots, water bottle, clothing for season and weather.
Basic Equipment for Pilgrim Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Religious objects and material as required
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pilgrim ID card
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.