A pleasant – but quite long – stage to hike if you want to experience the beautiful countryside of Hälsingland! Here, The Saints Trail runs from the popular tourist resort of Järvsö on smaller gravel roads past small villages and farms, a couple of forest areas, and up to the Church of Färila.
Distance 26.4 km
For your information; note that food and lodging are only available at the start and the end of the stage.
Among other services, there is a food store and a patisserie i Färila. There is also a nice camping site with cottages down by the river Ljusnan, shortly after the Church of Färila.
Bring a water bottle and a lunch pack! Take the time to rest at some of the beautiful sights along the trail.
Update: July 14, 2020
Rest StopKarlsgården, traditional farm in Hälsingland, Järvsö
Järvzoo - The Wildlife Park of the North
The Pilgrim Chapel in Färila
Safety informationIn case of emergency - call 112!
33V 562453 6842333
EquipmentIf the weather is good, sandals are sufficient, otherwise good hiking shoes will do. Dress according to weather!
Basic Equipment for Pilgrim Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Religious objects and material as required
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pilgrim ID card
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view