From Hovra the Saints Trail runs along the river Ljusnan. Hovra is a small village with a lot of local history in its blocks and buildings, problably most known for its folk music festival in the summers
Distance 16.5 km
If you spent the night at the hostel in Hovra and feel like visiting the interesting and entertaining “Old Lady-museum” (Tantmuseet), here is your chance! The museum opened up in 2006 by the owner and artist Eva Björk. She filled the old general store of Hovra with objects owned by and linked to elderly women – like lace cloths, pot holders, aprons, gloves, shoes, coffee pots and hair curlers among other things – to celebrate the forgotten qualities and favourable traits of the “old lady” of Sweden.
Contact Pilgrimstid to find accommodation in Lassekrog!
Update: September 13, 2020
33V 538459 6859591
Basic Equipment for Pilgrim Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Religious objects and material as required
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pilgrim ID card
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view