After the bridge in Flor, the trail follows the old country road through the forests to Ytterhogdal. In Ytterhogdal, there is a church, a shop, food and accommodation.
An older writing says:
“At the village of Flor there was a spot for wading and rafting across the river Hoaån, and the road continued on Hoaån's west shore past Hoakvarn. A bit down from the mill, the stream Osbäcken flows down into the river. It is said that the wayfarers should throw a coin into the brook, and therefore this was a so-called ‘stream of sacrifice’”.
Basic Equipment for Pilgrim Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Religious objects and material as required
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pilgrim ID card
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.