Catholic chapel close to the trail of Stråsjö, in Sörforsa. Logding might be possible nearby. Pilgrim stamp is available. Contact us for the stamp, or for a short guided tour inside the chapel.
The first Catholic chapel north of Gävle after the Reformation. Inaugurated in 1909. The chapel was built because the workers at the flax mill factory needed a Catholic chapel. They came from Bohemia (around present Austria and the Czech Republic), and from Ireland.
The chapel belongs to the Church of Saint Paul, Gävle. Mass is usually celebrated every Sunday, either at 11am or 4.30pm